I'm a lighting artist with Unreal Engine 4 expertise. My projects so far have let me hone my skills in lighting aesthetic quality, sky and atmospheric effects, PBR standards, display technologies, optimization, and supporting tool and workflow creation.
- Defined aesthetic quality bar and lighting workflow for quick turnaround, high fidelity dynamic lighting with Unreal 4.27. Intensely documented and mentored the rest of the lighting team.
- Built the sky and atmospherics foundational lighting blueprint.
- Established sky authoring workflow using DarkTable to creatively grade source HDRIs to hit target mood.
- Built all supporting blueprint tools for volumetric and card-based atmospheric effects as well as any additional light effects.
- Established PBR-first light intensity standards based on personally measured luminosities, with the final output globally tuned with tone mapping adjustments.
- Worked with environment art to balance materials to PBR ranges and implement additional shader functionality to master materials.
Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands PLCs
- Built lighting workflow to be able to reliably solo-light the project.
- Made use of Unreal 4 baked lighting with proprietary engine additions for TOD authoring and atmospherics.
- Worked closely with world building and art direction to help shape the mood from initial level planning.
- Mastered content for HDR displays.
Built some blueprints for light fixtures needing to react to player/narrative moments.
Responsible for lighting, final material selection, and material polish for multiple districts of open world city, mission spaces, and player structures.
Worked with environment artists and gameplay designers to build upon their vision and ensure gameplay usability.
Optimizing work to fit strict budgets for gen 8 consoles while enhancing for gen 9.
LUT color grading with Davinci Resolve.